Please read the below Toughees Bangene Promotion Terms and Conditions carefully. By participating in this competition, you agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out below. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in this competition. Please refer to www.toughees.co.za for the most up to date Terms and Conditions for the Bata Toughees Bangene Competition:
The Bata Toughees Bangene Competition (“Competition”) is run by Bata South Africa (Pty) Ltd Registration number: 1985/000219/07 and/or its agencies (“Organiser”). All participants during the term of this Competition agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
The Promotion will run from 28th June 2021 [00h00] to 31st August 2021 [23h59] (“the Competition Period”). Entries close on the 31st of August 2021, in the Republic of South Africa.
- The successful entrants will be contacted within one month of the entries closing.
- The duration of the competition may be shortened or extended at the discretion of the Organiser.
To be eligible to participate in this Promotion the Participant must:
- be a legal resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- Be a natural person and not a juristic entity, which juristic entity includes but is not limited to a Business to Business (B2B) partner of the Organiser, cross border partner or retail partner of the Organiser. The entry must be completed in the participant’s name.
- Be between the ages of 14 (fourteen) and 24 (twenty-four).
To enter the competition, the Participant must do the following:
- Within the competition period;
Complete the entry form online at www.toughees.co.za
- Entrants must enter by completing the requirements on the online form but may be asked to supply further information by the Organiser.
- The Participant will receive an automated response upon completing the online form.
By entering the competition online at www.toughees.co.za the entrant agrees to standard data rates required for entry.
By entering the competition online at www.toughees.co.za the entrant agrees to be subscribed onto the Toughees database for direct marketing/ communication, The participants will be able to unsubscribe at their discretion.
- Important considerations for participation in the Competition:
- The Participant will be required to provide all the correct information. The organiser will not be held responsible for incorrect information supplied and a contestant not being contacted due to this.
- In the event that an uploaded text does not conform to the Organiser’s requirements, the Participant must consider their entry unsuccessful.
- Participants are not required to make a purchase in order to enter and purchases of Toughees products will not contribute towards successful entries.
- The Reward:
- Successful entrants will be contacted and informed that they have been chosen to participate in the Bronze Certificate for The Presidents Award only.
- Participants will not be allowed to select a different certificate and the prize is not interchangeable and not transferable.
- The value of each prize is approximately R2000 in value.
- Each prize is governed by the Partners Terms and Conditions.
- The prize is valid for 1 year (12 months) from the date it is awarded and the participant is responsible for completing the Bronze Certificate in the time allocate. The Organiser will not be held responsible for the Participant not completing the awarded course.
- The prize is not transferable and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or anything else.
- Prizes are limited and will be awarded at the organisers discretion.
- In accordance with the confidentiality policies and practices of the Organiser, none of the entry details of any Participant in this Promotion will be disclosed or used by the Organiser for any purposes other than for entry into the Competition. Details of Participants will not be used by the Organiser for Bata Toughees related communication should the participants opt-out to receive further communication from the Organiser.
- Information regarding the Competition that is published on authorized advertising material will also form part of the Terms and Conditions of the Competition.
The Organiser may in its sole discretion amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Terms and Conditions on the Organiser’s website: toughees.co.za. The onus rests on the Participant to constantly check the website for updates to the Terms and Conditions.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
Save as permitted by Law, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Competition, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, termination or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on the Organiser’s website toughees.co.za.
- No liability shall lie against the Organiser in favor of any Participant, winner(s) and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore, the Participant waives his/her right which they may have against the Organiser and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Organiser.
- This Competition is governed by these Terms and Conditions, as well as those of the relevant authorized participating partners.
- The Organiser and its agencies reserve the right to correct any errors and omissions. These Terms and Conditions will supersede any errors or omissions on any publicly communicated documentation or marketing material.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- The Organiser accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the prize owing to, but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, destruction of products or the Reward on route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earth quake or other acts of God.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect
- Any fraudulent behavior will result in an immediate cancellation of the Participant’s submission, and the Organiser reserves any rights in law to pursue appropriate compensation and/or institute criminal proceedings. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for incomplete, lost, misdirected, illegible, late, or altered registrations or uploads. Registrations or uploads that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified. The Organiser reserves the right to investigate any Participant’s actions regarding any aspect of the Reward and the redemption thereof.
- Limitation of Liability:
- To the extent permitted by Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
- The Participant and/or winner(s) hereby indemnifies the Organiser against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the Participants entrance into the Competition.
- The Organiser excludes all warranties (express or implied), representations and liabilities regarding this Promotion (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence and/or fraud).
For Terms and Conditions related to the prize partner, The Presidents Award. Please visit www.presidentsaward.co.za.
Once the organiser ha handed over the prize to the participant,
Consumer Protection Act:
- To the extent that the Terms and Conditions or any goods or services provided under the Terms and Conditions are governed by the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (the “Consumer Protection Act”), no provision of the Terms and Conditions are intended to contravene the applicable provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, and therefore all provisions of the Terms and Conditions must be treated as being qualified, to the extent necessary, to ensure that the applicable provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.